Monday, February 24, 2020


MY ROOTS


Over The hills and far away
There is my homeland
I miss each day.
The little land
With the ocean shore.
There are my roots.
Those who came before.


It used to be
That Danes like me
Could trace their roots
Back to Vikings Days.
Things are changing, I fear
That the future search, for Danes like me
Will no longer be there.

The Danish roots, as we know them now
Will be replaced somehow
With the Huns and those came
From the lands below.
And soon the Danes will see
That their roots, I fear
Will disappear.

The future Danes
Will not search their roots like me
From Kings and Queens
And their Royal heirs.
They will declare Shahadah.
Ramadan and Zakat.
The Danes will go to Hajj.




Shahadah= Muslim Declaration of Faith
Zakat= Muslim almsgiving
Ramadan=Muslim Fast
Salat= Muslim Daily Prayers
Haij=Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca


Written by Vibeke Lindhardt  26 November 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment