Friday, February 14, 2020


HURRICANE IWA






DAMAGE AT TTHE CONDO WE MANAGED IN LAIE, OAHU

What a scare to know it is coming.
I wish I could hide.
But it’s no use to start running
from an act of god.

I have just a little time
To run through my mind
what to take in a moment and
what to leave behind.

No time to think.
I hear the whistling sound.
The branches are breaking.
The surf is high.
I lock my door and glare at the sky.

No time to think
Of things not important.
Like boats and furniture.
All I need is my family.

We feel it is too bad
We have such a storm
Without warning
From those who should know.
But sit back and ponder.
We were warned long ago.

Be Prepared
Were the words
From the Prophet.
He will come as a thief in the night.
Be prepared not just with water and light.
It will be like the day I remember
The day in November.

I was in the hurricane in  Laie, Oahu, Hawaii 1982

Written November 28th 1982,

No comments:

Post a Comment