Wednesday, December 13, 2017

OUR ROOTS

 My grandmother Kristine Rasmussen and her husband Carl Christensen (not my grandfather)

Over the hills and far away
There is my homeland
I miss each day
The little land
With the ocean shore
There are my roots
Those who came before

It used to be
That Danes like me
Could trace their roots
Back to the Vikings Days
Things are changing, I fear
That the future search for Kings And Queens
Will no longer be there

The Danish roots, as we know them now
Will be replaced somehow
With the Huns and those who came
From the lands below
And soon the Danes will see
That their roots, I fear
Will disappear

The future Danes
Will not search their roots like me
From Kings and Queens
And the Royal heirs
They will declare Shahadah
Ramadan and Zakat
The Danes will go to Hajj


Vibeke Lindhardt
2011


No comments:

Post a Comment