Wednesday, June 21, 2017

RAADHUSPLADSEN, Copenhagen, Denmark

One of the places that is in my memories of my teenage life is RAADHUSPLADSEN in Copenhagen.

I can get quite emotional when I think about “the old times on Raadhuspladsen”. I walked there often.

My parents Lars Vilhelm Henry Madsen and Else were married in the RAADHUSET Government building.  So were my sister Inge Lise and her husband Frantz Valant.

Me walking on Vesterbro


I regularly walked from Enghave Plads down Istedgade to the Copenhagen main railway station – and then on to Vesterbrogade and then to Raadhuspladsen, that I had to cross to get to Strøget.

RAADHUSPLADSEN was at that time – for me – an interesting place.

Beside seeing the beautiful statue of Hans Christian Andersen (sitting on the right side of RAADHUSET).

I always wanted to be sure that I had bread to feed the pigeons and a little money for a RØD RISTET PØLSE (a red hotdog with roasted onion).


This photo is from Højbro Plads

I could sometimes sit on one of the benches and watch the birds and people for hours.

Vibeke Lindhardt
21 June 2017







No comments:

Post a Comment