Saturday, June 17, 2017

BEING A BUM ON THE ROAD

Just before I retired 23 years ago, I had this dream about being a BUM ON THE ROAD.

I lived in Calgary, Alberta at that time working having worked as an “office temp for 5 years” – of which I had spent most of those 5 years working for City of Calgary.

What I wanted was to take the Canadian Greyhound Bus across Canada with a just pack-sack on my back.

Well, unfortunately that never did happen.

So in the beginning of April this year one day when I was in St.George, I had this prompting instead of being A BUM ON THE ROAD in a Greyhound Bus, I COULD do it in a car.

Voila.



I went back home and told Bent that I wanted to be A BUM ON THE ROAD and drive to Canada to visit my family instead of my regular “Airplane Trips”.

Well, that is one the best things I have done.



I left Saturday 29 April 4:30 a.m. and drove straight to Lethbridge Alberta, arriving in Lethbridge Sunday morning at 12:30 a.m.  = 20.5 hours with no stops except to gas up and eat. When I drove back 21 May, I cut it down to 18 hours, since I took the I-15 straight down from the Canadian border to Toquerville, Utah.



I was totally awesome. I would do it again, as long there is NO SNOW.

Vibeke Lindhardt
17 June 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment