Sunday, July 14, 2019


WONDERS FROM HEAVEN. Ch.2

1985 when I Lived in Vernon, B.C., I was struggling financially, trying to support myself and my 18-year-old son Harly.

My husband of 28 years had left the family for “a younger size 9” and moved to Hawaii.

Harly and I lived just from month to month. There was no money for extras like
clothes, fun and recreation. Life was pretty depressing.

So, I was therefore really surprised when I received an invitation from my girlfriend Gisela Fromm – who at that time lived in Prince Rupert, BC to take trip with her to Tokyo for a week. All paid for.

She phoned me one day and said: You only have to pay the trip to Vancouver! What are you talking about. I said ••• I am not going to Vancouver. I can't afford it."

"NO, she said, you are going to Japan!"

She kept talking in riddles. so I told her that if I could not afford Vancouver, how in the world would I be able to afford Japan.

Well, finally she told me that she won a trip to Japan, through Super Value, for two people and she was inviting me to go with her, because her husband Helmuth Fromm did not want to go with her.

I was in shock. It was only two months before we had to leave.

But as the time went on my excitement was mixed with worries because no matter how much I tried; I could not save up for spending money for the trip.

I finally phoned Gisela and told her I did not know if I would be able to go. She said she wanted me to go, and that she would pay for the food and the transportation, and since the ticket was including accommodations at Hotel Prince in Tokyo, she assured me that I would be o.k.

I did not feel good about taxing my friend, but since her husband refused to go with her and she kept pushing me, I decided not to spend any money and just enjoy the trip and the two free tours to the country via the bullet train, which were also included in the ticket, and we decided that we could always go to McDonald's to eat.

It was the day before. I was leaving from Vernon. I was packed and ready to go. My visa was in order. My $20.00 was in my wallet.

I went for a walk early in the morning. When I came back there was a small white envelope in my mail box. I thought it was rather early for the mailman to be there but did not pay much attention to that.

I opened the letter and out fell a small plastic card on the floor with a 'picture of Christ with his arms open in a welcome posture, " and a writing by  that said:

"How much do you love me?" I asked Jesus, and Jesus said I "This much •

Then he spread his arms and died for me."

Inside the envelope was $300.00, but not the name of the giver.

I was shocked, and astonished. I felt grateful, thankful, and totally startled.

I had a wonderful trip.
My friend Gisela Fromm in Tokyo, Japan




I still have my memory of someone who gave me gifts out of charity.

Both my wonderful friend Gisela and "The Mystery Person".

I never did find out who gave me the money, but I still remember with gratitude in my heart, that special moment when I received the mystery gift.

Vibeke Lindhardt
14 July 2019
Vibekesonja.blogspot.com










1 comment:

  1. What a touching story Vibeke. So very sweet and tender. :)

    ReplyDelete