Thursday, July 4, 2019

4th of July 2019


I am glad that I am not living in and celebrating 4 July in the United States this year.

Until today, for me the American 4th of July have always been a “symbol” of peace, but apparently Donald Trump now wants to change that by showing “military power” with huge displays of tanks, airplanes and other “war” equipment’s and for me that reminds me too much war and of second world war and Russia and North Korea who are doing the same.

Donald Trump has changed the United States the last four years that it no longer symbolizes – to the world - a “welcoming” country and countries – like f.ex Denmark -  that used to look to the United States as “the symbol of Freedom”.

Many people in many freedom loving and democratic countries have changed their views of USA. In many ways they now feel disgust.

Just look at what is happening every day at the moment at the border to Mexico where asylum seekers are not even allowed toothpaste and soap and are kept like animals in cages.

So, it was so awesome for me to be in church last Sunday and for the first time in 8 years to sing “O Canada”.  I must admit it brought tears to my eyes and made me feel so “safe”.

Canada is such a peaceful country compared to United States.


Vibeke Lindhardt

4 July 2019

vibekesonja.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment