Wednesday, February 28, 2018


I LOVE TREES


My husband Bent asked me why I always paint trees and why so often “without leaves”? 

The tree in Leeds, Utah


So, I started to ask myself "why" I had this obsession with painting "bare trees"?

I then realized that it was my Dad who had instilled in me the love for trees and that I have become intrigues by the shape that trees have.

After my parents divorce - when I was ten years old - I often visited my Dad in his summerhouse in Rørvig, Denmark and without him realizing it he passed on his love for trees to me. He would import all different kind of interesting trees and tell me the story behind the trees he purchased.

I feel that the growth and the age of the tree trunk tells a story.

Trees in Zion National Park


I am sure you have all read this poem by Joyce Kilmer:




Park in Stoney Planes, Alberta, Canada

Confluence Park, Toquerville, Utah

Zion National Park, Utah


Vibeke Lindhardt
vibekesonja.blogspot.com

28 February 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment