Wednesday, February 14, 2018

COOKING IS LIKE PAINTING A PICTURE

I love cooking.

I love everything about cooking.
Deciding what to make.
Going in to the grocery store to look at many wonderful choices of food.

I love preparing the foods.
Sometimes I put on some music and poor myself a drink (non-alcoholic) to enjoy while I cook.

I love the aromas that come from making a good soup.


I enjoy making a good presentation of the food.

My mom, who sometimes catered for private parties and brought me along to do the dishes and clean -up, often said: “It is about the colors”.



I remember at one dinner party where I was helping, she had made a green pea soup.  Cut a tomato in half.  Hollowed it out and place a dab of whip cream inside the tomato.

That made an impression for life on me, of the importance of “What food looks like”.

Another advise she gave was: “be sure there is enough food”.  “better that you have too much, than too little”.

Vibeke Lindhardt

14 April 2018


1 comment: