Thursday, March 2, 2017

BEING SELF RELIANT

I believe that we become MORE OF OURSELVES when we are SELF-RELIANT.

I believe It is important in order to have a relative good life without constant stress and worries and be a burden to others, including family, friends, government etc to be SELF-RELIANT.

In my 80 years I have had times when I felt financially secure and did not have to worry about having food in my cupboards and I have had times when I had to stand in line for basic foods and cleaning supplies..

I KNOW from my own experiences that it is a HUGE stress to live on the financial edge and depend on other people’s mercy and handouts.
I have appreciated the kindness of others in my need, but I do believe that each of us have a responsibility in our lives to be SELF RELIANT.

 What Is Self-Reliance?
“Self-reliance means to find solutions for our own problems.
 I believe that each of us has a responsibility to try to plan our lives, education and finances in such a way that we avoid problems before they happen and to learn to overcome challenges when they do occur. …

 How do we become self-reliant?
  • We become self-reliant
  • through obtaining sufficient knowledge, education, and literacy to work so we are financially independent.
  • by managing our money and resources wisely and to live within our means.
  • by preparing for emergencies and eventualities.  F.ex. purchase items for food storage.  Every time we eat out, we properly COULD HAVE placed several items in our food storage for the same amount of money we spent in a restaurant.
  • by working on having physical, social and emotional well-being.

Vibeke Lindhardt

2 March 2, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment