Sunday, August 13, 2017

REAL FRIENDS ARE LIKE TRUE PEARLS

People collect all different kinds of things in this world.  Some collect antiques, others collect stamps, but the only thing I have ever wanted to collect in my life is REAL FRIENDS.

They are more precious than finding pearls in the ocean. They become an integral part of your life and help to form who you are.

I don’t mean the “fly by night acquaintances” we all have.

People who come and go in your life. 

I mean “REAL FRIENDS. The ones that become “like family” to you.
They know you in and out and you know them the same way.
There are no pretenses.  

The ones that you feel emotionally safe with. They don’t doubt you nor intentions.
The real friends that trust you 100%.

They don’t tear you down or try to find faults with you, nor do they criticize you for “what and who you are” and what you believe or stand for, but accept you totally without hesitation  – even if you differ from them.


They build your self-esteem when you spend time with them, so when you leave them you feel at peace and tell yourself: “I am ok”.

I have been lucky that I over the years have had such REAL FRIENDS.  The real pearls. But they differ from the pearls we find in the ocean. They die.

You feel an emptiness in your heart when they are gone and still a gratitude for they being a part of your life.

Something of you are missing and still they have enriched your life because of them being a part of you.

Within the last 2 months I have lost two of my precious pearls:

Ingeborg Carlsen in Denmark.

 Beautiful Ingeborg Carlsen

The view from Ingeborg's place.

 What a woman. If you wanted the truth about life and yourself, Ingeborg was the person to talk to.

She would not always just tell you what you wanted to hear, but what you "needed to hear". She was a "true blue" tell you as it is, person.

I feel richer for knowing Ingeborg.

Carol Remilliard

Carol and John Remilliard

Carol in her apartment in Calgary
me and Carol in Toquerville 2015


Carol Remilliard, who was born in Utah, but whom I knew when I lived in Calgary, Alberta Canada was a "build up your ego" friends.

Always fun to be with.  Always fun to talk to and go for lunch with.

Always ready to "live in the moment" person..

And I am still carrying every day the purse she gave me.


Ingeborg and Carol were true, blue precious friends.

They enriched my life and I feel so lucky that they allowed me to be a part of theirs.

I honor them.


Vibeke Lindhardt
13 August 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment