Friday, July 14, 2017

ONCE A DANE, ALWAYS A DANE

I came across this T-shirt advertising on Facebook and I realize it is totally applicable to me.



I immigrated to Canada 1966 and lived there for 45 years, until 2011 when I moved to Utah, United States.

I have spent most of my life AWAY from Denmark where I was born and raised, but even though most of my life has been lived OUTSIDE Denmark, DENMARK WILL ALWAYS LIVE IN ME.

I have been married twice.   Both were Danes.

I am very happy that I am married to a Dane who understands the core of ME and with whom I can speak the Danish language daily.

My deceased daughter Sussie Linda Neumann Johansen, was also born in Denmark and married a Dane in Canada. Linda was always proud of being a Dane and was very adamant about keeping Danish traditions.

Her husband parents also immigrated to Canada, So, their 9 children all are PURE Danes, even though they are Canadians born and raised in Canada.

Being a Dane is the core of what I am and who I am and I am proud of having Danish blood in me.

Vibeke Lindhardt
14 July 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment