Saturday, March 14, 2020


The Corona Virus Pandemic

The last two months has turned the world up-side down with the scare of a Pandemic.

As I write this there has been 150.000 cases in the world of the Corona Virus and 5.600 death, but not everybody has been tested since in the United States they are lacking resources to test everybody, besides President Donald Trump was in denial in the beginning and played the whole thing down.

In Canada 176 cases, but no death.

Italy and Denmark have closed their borders and The United States are not allowing any planes arriving from Europe, except United Kingdom.

There is no allowance of large gatherings anywhere.  It is the first time in the 60 years I have been a member of “The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints” that the church have closed their buildings and no allowed any meetings. 

Even all the Temples will be closed as of this coming Monday March 16th. They will only open the temple for weddings.

It makes me think of “The black plague” pandemic in 1918.

My mother Else Margrethe Gunhild Emmely Rasmussen was 11 years old at the time and lived with her foster parents Jens Peter Larsen and Marie Sofie.

Jens Peter Larsen passed away 23 December 1918 from the Black Plague and my mother was totally devasted.



My mother really loved her foster dad, but that was not the only reason. Marie Sofie forced my mother to look at Jens Peter while he was laying there “totally black” in the coffin.

Also, my mother never did like her Foster mother Marie Sofie because she always pushed her around like a little slave.

I am hoping that the Corona Virus will not end up like the 1918 pandemic.





In the meantime, I am practicing staying calm and to “find” some toilet paper to purchase. People are raiding toilet paper and cleaning supplies and food from the grocery stores.

I understand that “Craigs List” now if selling one role of toilet paper for $200 and that is too much for me, then I will have to do what my parents did under the war.  Use newspaper.

Vibeke Lindhardt
14 March 2020






No comments:

Post a Comment