Friday, August 31, 2018


FINISHING

Some of are good starters, but not very good finishers and I am one of those.

One day when somebody gave a talk in our church gave a talk on “family history” he said that every time when a person dies, it is like a library that closes.  How true.

I have started writing my own family history, my parents’ history, my deceased daughter Linda’s history, but none of them are finished and I realize if I don’t get going on it, it will never get finished.

I also realize that I am the only one alive that have the knowledge about my parent to write that story.

I don’t know why, but when I look back over sewing and  arts and craft and family history projects I have started, I can see that I am and have always been a good starter, but not a very good “finisher”.

Last year I decided that this has to “stop” and I did finish my grandparents’ story and I hope to finish my parents story this year.

I also set a goal of “finishing” my paintings that I have had sitting around half finished..

Two days ago, I brought two “finished” painting to the Hurricane Peach Festival and I was honored and surprised that one of them won 2nd – in the “amateur” category.


 It encouraged me to get some more of my painting “finished” and hopefully my parents’ story will also get finished this year, since I realize that I am in the age, where “my library” could close any time.

Vibeke Lindhardt
Vibekesonja.blogspot.com
31. August 2018






No comments:

Post a Comment